[asterisk-r2] help!! i cant make outbound calls telco bestel

Moises Silva moises.silva at gmail.com
Fri Dec 11 23:28:04 CST 2009

On Fri, Dec 11, 2009 at 9:09 PM, vanesa estrada <lady_vane69 at hotmail.com>wrote:

>  Thaks!! Moises!!
>
> I tested :S and i got the same result i make the call but the telco send a
> promt "the call cant be completed as dialed" here is the log:

Actually is not the same result. In your r2test log you showed us "Protocol
error", in this case I don't see such thing. In fact, from a protocol point
of view, there was no error, the originating side simply decided to hang up
the call ( probably because the user hung up the phone when hearing the
recording about the central not being able to place the call as dialed).

Something is strange though, all telcos I know of (Telmex, Axtel etc) DO NOT
ask for ANI, because there is no point in asking for ANI because they know
which line the call is coming from (the number assigned to the company
subscriber). It seems after we send the first DNIS they ask us for category
and switch to group C (Tone 6) and therefore for ANI (that's the purpose of
group C in Mexico, the only country I know of with group C), then they keep
requesting more ANI (tone 1) until we say, ok I have no more ANI, after
that, I don't see them requesting for DNIS.

My conclusion is that this is a different MFC-R2 variant. The truth is that
COFETEL in Mexico is doing nothing at all to create a standard MFC-R2
variant in Mexico and never did. At some point Telmex was the only one but
as new telcos started operations, each one provides the signaling in their
own terms.

At this point you have 4 choices.

1. Try to get an MFC-R2 specification from your telco and use the
r2proto.conf advanced configuration to try make your telco variant to work.

2. Wait until I finish my vacations :-), try to get an MFC-R2 specification
from your telco and send it to me, then as soon as I have a spare weekend I
will write the new code in openr2 to make the variant work.

3. Try the following work-around that I think it may work.
Set(CALLERID(num)=${EXTEN}) in your dialplan (assuming you want to dial the
full ${EXTEN} number), that is, set the callerid to the number you wish to
dial (this is because I suspect the problem is that they think they're
requesting DNIS but we think they are requesting ANI).

4. Send me an off-list e-mail and I can give you my quote to work on this
issue.

--
Moises Silva
Senior Software Engineer