[asterisk-r2] Problem with asterisk R2 - implemented (PSTN>>Asterisk>> PABX).

Diego Valente infdiego at gmail.com
Fri Oct 3 09:25:51 CDT 2008

Thanks for the help of all, thank you.

Alexandre answering your questions

Did the settings in zapata.conf (mfcr2_max_ani inserted in the group
and DNIS) that you asked Alexandre perfectly solve the problem in ANI
and DNIS, also did the setting in PABX (cancel blocking collect calls
and set up the blockade in receiving Span1 the PSTN) and solve the
problem of the connection being dropped. Thank you for support.

Answering their questions Moises
and thank you for your help

Did the settings that I recommended and Alexander worked at both the
max_ani and max_dnis, also withdrew the blockade of collect calls from
PABX, which solve the problem of DROP the calls.

Answer Question 1 - The span1 that is connected to PSTN is set to
mfcr2_max_ani = 20, and mfcr2_max_dnis = 4, parameters used by service
provider.

Answer Question 2 - The span 2 that is linked in the PABX is set to
mfcr2_max_ani = 20, and mfcr2_max_dnis = 20.

Answer Question 3 - The version of OPENR2 is "OpenR2 version: 0.1.1,
revision: 52"

Answer Question 4 - The span1 that is connected to PSTN is set to
receive the clock of the PSTN. (span = 1,0,0, cas, hdb3)

The span2 that is linked in the PABX is set to generate the clock for
the PABX (span2 = 2,1,0, cas, hdb3)

2008/10/3 Alexandre Cavalcante Alencar <alexandre.alencar at gmail.com>:
> Hi all,
>
> On Thu, Oct 2, 2008 at 10:04 PM, Moises Silva <moises.silva at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> Diego, please read carefully and answer each of my questions.
>>
>> I agree with Alexander that you need to set each span max_ani,max_dnis
>> configuration instead of sharing it, since it is not likely you need
>> the same for PSTN and PABX.
>>
>> Question 1. Do you know how many ANI and DNIS to expect from the telco?
>> Question 2. And how many from your PABX?
>>
>> However, the call being dropped does not sound like a problem with max
>> ani or dnis.
>
> Diego, did you check out the collect call blocking or double answer at your
> PABX side? Since OpenR2 do the jobs at telco side, you don't need it at the
> other side.
>

>> Please post here the version of Asterisk you have and the version of
>> OpenR2. You can find OpenR2 version from executing:
>>
>> mfcr2 show version
>>
>> In the Asterisk CLI.
>>
>> Question 3. Asterisk version and OpenR2 revision?
>>
>> I also see that you configured span 1 as the master clock, is that
>> what you really meant?
>>
>> Question 4. Did you really mean to set span 1 as master clock?
>>
>> if span 1 is connected to the telco, I don't think that is what you
>> want since you should take the clock from the telco.
>>

> --
> Alexandre C Alencar (Skarmeth)
> http://blog.alexandrealencar.net/
> http://www.alexandrealencar.net/