[Asterisk-i18n] revision of 'say'

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Fri Jun 16 09:01:57 MST 2006

On Fri, Jun 16, 2006 at 04:12:33PM +0200, Péter Gervai wrote:
> On 6/16/06, Tzafrir Cohen <tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com> wrote:
> >> What happened since? Looking at the proposed config file the idea
> [...]
> >
> >http://svn.digium.com/svn/asterisk/trunk/configs/say.conf.sample
>
> Oh-kay, but I am not really able to see what the trunk is, I mean,
> whether this functionality is available in any of the released
> (stable?) versions or not. I see this one was committed a while ago
> but cannot see anything in the changelog (of which there are at least
> two :) one in the svn and one in the download area), nor in say.c.

It is availble in the "trunk" (forly known as "HEAD"). It should be part
of asterisk 1.4, a beta of which is expected RealSoonNow.

> So... is this available in either release version, or shall I grab the
> trunk and pray for it not to fall apart? ;)
>
> >> ps: in fact it is so easy, here's the hungarian one
> >>
> >> [hu]
> >> _X => digits/${SAY}
> >> _N0 => digits/${SAY}
> >> _[1-2]X => digits/${SAY:0:1}n, say:${SAY:1}
> >> _[3-9]X => digits/${SAY:0:1}, say:${SAY:1}
> >> _XXX => say:${SAY:0:1}, digits/100, say:${SAY:1}
> >> _XXXX => say:${SAY:0:1}, digits/1000, say:${SAY:1}
> >> _XXXXXXX => say:${SAY:0:1}, digits/million, say:${SAY:1}
> >
> >Have you tested this? I figure that a patch in the mantis (under
> >"internationalization" would be welcomed.
>
> The question connects to this question above, too, as I am not able to
> test it unless I have a way to. :) I try to get the trunk but I do not
> really dare to put it on the live server...

If you have a spare computer to play with, you can install trunk on it.

I'll try to see when I can provide a server for testing, but it won't
happen before the beta. Anybody else willing to provide such a server?
(that is: willing to take say.c fragmants fnd sound files rom strangers
and provide an extension that leads to an IVR that allows saying numbers
and the date in various languages)