[asterisk-ha-clustering] Asterisk clustering and transferring calls

Leif Madsen leif at leifmadsen.com
Sun Apr 19 11:57:42 CDT 2009

On Sat, Apr 18, 2009 at 1:32 PM, Brent Thomson <bthomson at getjive.com> wrote:
> Yehavi Bourvine +972-8-9489444 wrote:
>>
>> I haven't done such a thing yet, but I suspect that the new load balancer on
>> OpenSIPS 1.5 might solve your problem.
>
> Thanks for the suggestion. The load balancer looks interesting for other
> reasons, but it doesn't appear to solve the problem I've run into. My
> issue is specific to transferring calls that have been set up on
> different Asterisk instances  because of the load balancing. I'm trying
> to decide if I need to keep a particular phone from ever having calls on
> multiple PBXes or if there's a way to get the PBXes to handle REFERs to
> channels they don't own a little more gracefully.

I had this same problem when using the distribution module in OpenSER
between a pair of Asterisk boxes that wanted to do a transfer where
the phones were on separate servers, and the phone doing the transfer
was attempting to transfer a call on the other server.

I was not the OpenSER administrator (and do not have a ton of OpenSER
experience), but I think we ended up making all the requests and such
go to the OpenSER server, which I think had transaction support, and
used the outboundproxy option in sip.conf to make all the requests go
to the OpenSER server.

I may be able to get access to the configuration that we used, but
that is a former client and I'll have to ask for permission to get it.
Not sure if any of that information is useful or not, because it was a
couple of years ago that we did it, and I'm just remembering bits and
pieces.

--
Leif Madsen.
http://www.leifmadsen.com