[asterisk-ha-clustering] Asterisk clustering and transferring calls

Chris Mylonas chris at mrvoip.com.au
Sat Apr 18 19:15:54 CDT 2009

Going on the whole layer 7 thing, there's probably a way to capture a
manager event that can intercept whatever actions are _about-to-happen_ to
help steer the action in the _better_ direction.

I'll have a look what I can find.

Just to be clear and confirm, does all these SIP message mean we're dealing
with non-dtmf/non-features.conf transferring and doing it all with SIP (like
a transfer button on a handset)?

Cheers
Chris

On Sun, Apr 19, 2009 at 4:41 AM, Yehavi Bourvine +972-8-9489444 <
YEHAVI at vms.huji.ac.il> wrote:

> > Thanks for the suggestion. The load balancer looks interesting for other
> > reasons, but it doesn't appear to solve the problem I've run into. My
> > issue is specific to transferring calls that have been set up on
> > different Asterisk instances  because of the load balancing. I'm trying
> > to decide if I need to keep a particular phone from ever having calls on
> > multiple PBXes or if there's a way to get the PBXes to handle REFERs to
> > channels they don't own a little more gracefully.
> >
> > -Brent
>
> I don't know whether this is feasible in your case or not, but what about
> level-7 load balancers? Usually, once they've directed an IP to a secific
> server they will continue doing so as long as the server is up.
>
>                                                     __Yehavi:

Kind Regards,
Chris Mylonas