[asterisk-gui] Project status & submitting patches

Nathan Anderson nathana at fsr.com
Sun May 13 13:14:32 CDT 2012

On Sunday, May 13, 2012 10:08 AM, Erin Spiceland <> wrote:

> Digium is not actively developing Asterisk GUI, but we are occasionally
> committing some bug fixes.  We do look at patches that come in through
> JIRA. The patch you've linked to is 4 years old.

3.5 years, yeah...true.  But from comparing his changes to what exists in the last branch, his fix was never committed.  Not only that, but discussion on it was resurrected a little over 2 years ago, the original reporter/patch author engaged in the response, and then the following day! the ticket was unceremoniously closed by a Digium staff member citing lack of available resources and asking the reporter to go bother the IRC channel instead (? instead of bothering with a bug report through official channels?).  Then, seemingly out of nowhere, an RC release branch is tagged over a year later.  So you will forgive me if it feels like Digium is sending out mixed signals on this. :-)

> Please feel free to submit your patches to us via JIRA. They may not be
> committed immediately, but they will be evaluated.  Bug fix patches are
> much more likely to be committed than feature patches.  Thanks!

Sounds good.  Thanks for your response!

--
Nathan Anderson
First Step Internet, LLC