[asterisk-gui] Incoming call rules destination question

Ron Byer ronb-lists at netweave.com
Tue Dec 28 15:03:45 UTC 2010

  Hello,

First off, I've been advised by other list members that this is working
for them, so I have the task of updating to the latest SVN version and
trying it again.

That being said, here is the additional info that I neglected the first
time around:

-Go into the ICR screen, and create a new rule. Specify the trunk,
pattern, and timeframe as desired. for Destination, select the last
option in the dropdown called "local Extension by DID".
- AN additional screen field then appears with the label "Local
Extension by DID pattern : $EXTEN{, followed by the entry field, and
then following with a "}".

So, my use of this was that if I have customers that like to number
their extensions to match the last 4 digits of their DID's, this would
be perfect for implementing that mapping. My ICR pattern would be
"_123456XXXX", and the $EXTEN pattern I would enter into the "Local
Extension by DID Pattern"  would -4:4

Right now, if I have 20 extensions that follow this model, I have to
create 20 ICR's. This feature would reduce it to 1 ICR.

What would I expect to see in the extensions.conf?
Something like:
exten = _1123456XXXX,1,Goto(default,${EXTEN:-4:4},1)

I don't see any red outline or error messages on the screen. Just
doublechecked.

As indicated above, I will update to the latest SVN and report back as
to whether it works. I probably won't get to that for about a week,
however.

Thanks, and Happy New Year to the list.

rb