[asterisk-gui] AgentcallbackLogin in *1.6

Ryan Brindley rbrindley at digium.com
Tue Aug 3 12:47:24 CDT 2010

Greetings,
To perform Agent call processing in 1.6 you'll have to move from AgentCallBackLogin to [Add|Remove]QueueMember() functions and extra dialplan fun. Fortunately, I've been instructed to make a new release of the GUI that works on all versions of Asterisk for those that still use it. So literally within days (if not today), there will be a patch resolving your issue!

--
Ryan Brindley
Digium, Inc. | Software Developer

Greetings list,

I was wondering if anyone out there is using asterisk 1.6 with the
asterisk-gui, and, if so, what is the status of the Agent Login
functionality, given
that the AgentCallBackLogin (ACBL) function was deprecated in 1.4, and
{I believe} removed completely in 1.6.

If that's true, then I would expect that the ACBL function is broken ?
(as defined on panel Queues/Agent Login Settings/Second extension)

I am running on 1.4 presently, and don't have any immediate plans to go
to 1.6, but I'm also not interested in painting myself into a corner. I
have seen some "replacement" functionality that performs a similar, but
not identical, function as ACBL, but would require changes in the
asterisk-gui in terms of the code that is generated.

We are already making a modest change to the asterisk-gui in the main
Queues panel to support a Overall Queue timeout facility (as defined for
the Queue() function) to enable a max time for call to sit on the queue
before timing out and returning to the dial plan, potentially to be put
on a different queue, or to be sent to VM, etc. This was a bare minimum
requirement to make the queues/agents as defined by the asterisk-gui
functional, IMO.

Any info on Asterisk-gui, Asterisk 1.6, and Agent processing would be
appreciate,

TIA

Ron