[asterisk-gui] Can IMAP Voicemail be configured with asterisk-gui ?

Noah Miller noahisaacmiller at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 09:27:38 CST 2009

Hi -

> I'm trying to configure a new asterisk server to replace my old asterisk 1.2 server but have run into some > trouble with the IMAP voicemail setup.

Officially, no the GUI cannot directly do IMAP voicemail.  You have to:

1) manually put the IMAP server settings in voicemail.conf  (which it
looks like you've done)
2) for each user, go into the Advanced Settings (which is basically
just editing the users.conf file directly), and add
"imapuser=<imapusername>".  Adding the users directly to
voicemail.conf will not work, they have to be added to users.conf

If you're interested, I added the second capability to the GUI on an
asterisk box that I administer.  It's an older version of the GUI, but
it would be easy adapt this hack to the latest version.  I can supply
you with my code, if you like.  For the first step, if you really want
this in the GUI, I don't think it would be too difficult to add this
as a tab to the options screen.

A related question to anybody in the know - is it possible to tell via
the AMI if a system is using IMAP (or ODBC) voicemail?

- Noah