[asterisk-gui] Paging with Asterisk GUI and Granstream Phones

Brent Vrieze bvrieze at cimsoftware.com
Fri May 1 17:49:19 CDT 2009

Hi all, I would use the IRQ Chat but it seams to get the best of me so
here I am on the email list.

FIRST REQUEST
I found a bug or at least a need for another field in the GUI.

We have Budgetone 200s and I set up paging with them to do paging you
need the following macro using the Asterisk GUI

[macro-pagingintercom]
exten = s,1,SIPAddHeader(Call-Info: ${PAGING_HEADER})
exten = s,2,Page(${ARG1}|${ARG2})
exten = s,3,Hangup

unfortunatlly the Asterisk GUI does not have that macro for doing paging
it has

[macro-pagingintercom]
exten = s,1,SIPAddHeader(Alert-Info: ${PAGING_HEADER})
exten = s,2,Page(${ARG1}|${ARG2})
exten = s,3,Hangup

Both use
[globals]
.
.
.
PAGING_HEADER=answer-after=0
.
.
.

Can you see the difference?  The GUI uses "Alert-Info" and the phone
needs "Call-Info" put in the header.

Can you either add a second text box for a "Call-Info" header or change
the one that is there from "Alert-Info" to "Call-Info".  I manually
change extensions.conf and the GUI stomps on my changes and then my
paging stops working.  I suppose I could go edit the JavaScript to make
the change myself but this still needs to be addressed with the GUI.

SECOND REQUEST

I like to set the phone so that it has different ring tones for
different situations.  For example when a call comes in and goes
directly to the phone I want "Ringtone 1" and when coming through a ring
group I want "Ringtone 2" so the person knows what type of call it is.

Thanks for your consideration.
   Brent

--
Brent T. Vrieze