[asterisk-gui] No sound

Bob Crandell bob at assuredcomp.com
Thu Mar 26 17:42:05 CDT 2009

Hi guys,

I've been testing softphones in Windows and SuSE.  From outside the
office, I can make a call to a different extension and to an outside
number but neither the caller nor the callee can hear anything.  I
thought I was being stupid until I bought a Grandstream GXP 2020 which
wouldn't speak to me either from outside the office.  It does work
inside the office.  I tested the softphone inside the office and it
works too.  Ok so it's the firewall.  I have port 5060 UDP and
10001-20000 UDP open and pointed to the Asterisk box.  What am I
missing?  I'm getting so close to being able to go live with this thing.

Thanks
Bob Crandell
Assured Computing, Inc.
http://www.assuredcomp.com/