[asterisk-gui] Emailing Voice Mail

Matthew Wilson me at mattyw.co.uk
Fri Jul 31 11:57:44 CDT 2009

Bob,
I had a similar problem recently. If you want a users messages to be
deleted from their inbox after asterisk has emailed them you can add
the following line
to your users.conf

delete = yes

I think you have to do this on a user by user basis. If you don't want to
edit the users.conf directly you can use the advanced edit function of a
user in the GUI to add the line required.

I hope this helps

Best Wishes

Matthew

2009/7/31 Bob Crandell <bob at assuredcomp.com>

>  Ryan,
>
>  It's the other way around.  I have 1 user that won't check his voicemail
> so his box will fill up.  I want the system to email the messages and not
> store them for him.
>
> Seeing as how you don't have anything better to do anyway, you might want
> to add this to your to-do list ... even if I am the only one that wants it.
> ;-)
>
>  Thanks
>
> Bob

> Bob,
> There aren't current plans to make configurable per user. However, there is
> a work around. The only thing Asterisk needs the email for is voicemail, so
> if you don't want the user to have voicemail, you could just remove their
> email address or set it to a default account if you still want the messages
> stored.
>
> --
> Ryan Brindley
> Digium, Inc. | Software Developer
> main: +1 256-428-6000   fax: +1 256-864-0464
> Check us out at: http://digium.com & http://asterisk.org
>
> ----- "Bob Crandell" <bob at assuredcomp.com> wrote:
> >

> Hi All,
>

> I see that emailing voice mail messages is an all or nothing affair.  Are
> there plans to be able to configure that per user?
>

> Thanks
>
> Bob
>

> Bob Crandell
>
> Assured Computing, Inc.