[asterisk-gui] using a tmp directory for "sysinfo_output"

David Kerr David at kerr.net
Thu Jan 1 14:25:26 CST 2009

On Thu, Jan 1, 2009 at 12:24 AM, Tzafrir Cohen <tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com>wrote:

> > [directories]
> > asttmpdir => /tmp
>
> This is an abuse of asterisk configuration for the GUI. Please create a
> separate config file for the GUI if it only affects it.

Why?  My version of asterisk.conf already has 8 directories defined in it
(below). I don't see the harm in adding one more for a temp directory?

[directories]
astetcdir => /etc/asterisk
astmoddir => /usr/lib/asterisk/modules
astvarlibdir => /var/lib/asterisk
astdatadir => /var/lib/asterisk
astagidir => /var/lib/asterisk/agi-bin
astspooldir => /var/spool/asterisk
astrundir => /var/run/asterisk
astlogdir => /var/log/asterisk

> > Thoughts or comments?
>
> Asterisk already has /var/spool/asterisk/tmp .

Then we could use this. Is it defined in any .conf file? If not then why
should it not be added to asterisk.conf along with all the other
directories?

David