[asterisk-gui] Speaking of ToDO lists ...

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Sun Feb 15 12:54:04 CST 2009

On Sun, Feb 15, 2009 at 01:44:24PM -0500, Noah Miller wrote:
> >> How hard would it be to have a button say, on the hardware screen or
> >> where ever it makes sense, that would check for a dial tone.  Either
> >> something you can hear or just a message that said, "Dial tone
> >> detected"?
> >
> > For dahdi?
> >
> > If the driver can detect it, it can be reported through sysfs.
> > At the moment no driver specifically checks for it. The xpp driver will
> > report when being "offhook" for both FXS and FXO.
>
> If the line is down (or incorrectly configured), you could be offhook
> without dialtone, though.  I think the DSP suggestion might be the way
> to go.  It would certainly be nice to have this functionality in
> asterisk, in general.  I don't think there's currently (pun?) a way to
> detect if a POTS line is down.

FXO drivers (wcfxo, Digium's cards and ours) report "no battery current"
as a red alarm on the channel. For our drivers you can also see that
information through the battery() method of Dahdi::Chan . I have not yet
implemented this for all the other drivers in the sysfs branch, but it
should be simple.

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com