[asterisk-gui] Speaking of ToDO lists ...

Noah Miller noahisaacmiller at gmail.com
Sun Feb 15 12:44:24 CST 2009

>> How hard would it be to have a button say, on the hardware screen or
>> where ever it makes sense, that would check for a dial tone.  Either
>> something you can hear or just a message that said, "Dial tone
>> detected"?
>
> For dahdi?
>
> If the driver can detect it, it can be reported through sysfs.
> At the moment no driver specifically checks for it. The xpp driver will
> report when being "offhook" for both FXS and FXO.

If the line is down (or incorrectly configured), you could be offhook
without dialtone, though.  I think the DSP suggestion might be the way
to go.  It would certainly be nice to have this functionality in
asterisk, in general.  I don't think there's currently (pun?) a way to
detect if a POTS line is down.

- Noah