[asterisk-gui] Polycom Phone

Kwok, Stephen Stephen.Kwok at polycom.com
Sat Aug 15 01:30:26 CDT 2009

Hi all,

Does anyone have Polycom SoundPoint IP Phone working with Asterisk local
directory experience? Please kindly give me some hints here.

I have a partner implementing the SoundPoint IP320 microbrowser to
retrieve the contact created on Asterisk PBX.

In Asterisk there is feature LocalPhone directory, this is the all
extensions were created.

In the Polycom sip.cfg microbroswer section they set

mb.main.home=http://192.168.89.150/xmlservices/LocalDirectory.php

http://IP@ <http://IP@>  of Astrerisk PBX/LocalPhone.php. So when user
press the menu application on Sound Point IP, it will redirected to
LocalPhone directory and displayed on the SoundPoint IP display all the
extension numbers. User can scroll down to view the extension numbers.
But when scroll down Sound Point IP only can display up to 84 extension
lists, in fact there is more than 200 extension lists.

They also tried with Sound Point IP 650 but still same, the number of
line only can display up to 84 extension numbers.

So the question is how to make Sound Point can display all the extension
lists?

Any idea would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Stephen