[asterisk-gui] astrisk-gui 404 issue

Mohammad Rahman asterisk at ymail.com
Mon Apr 6 03:20:44 CDT 2009

Hi Bob,

I specified the 'redirect' parameter, but no luck-

http.conf

    [general]
    enabled=yes
    bindport=8088
    prefix=asterisk
    enablestatic=yes
    redirect=/ /asterisk/static/config/index.html

Still getting 404 from teh following URL

http://10.0.0.1:8088/asterisk/static/config/index.html

http://10.0.0.1:8088 redirects to http://10.0.0.1:8088/asterisk/static/config/index.html but then a 404

router*CLI> http show status
HTTP Server Status:
Prefix: /asterisk
Server Enabled and Bound to 0.0.0.0:8088

Enabled URI's:
/asterisk/httpstatus => Asterisk HTTP General Status
/asterisk/phoneprov/... => Asterisk HTTP Phone Provisioning Tool
/asterisk/manager => HTML Manager Event Interface
/asterisk/rawman => Raw HTTP Manager Event Interface
/asterisk/static/... => Asterisk HTTP Static Delivery
/asterisk/mxml => XML Manager Event Interface

Enabled Redirects:
  / => /asterisk/static/config/index.html

[root at router asterisk-gui]# make checkconfig
 --- Checking Asterisk configuration to see if it will support the GUI ---
* Checking for http.conf: OK
* Checking for manager.conf: OK
* Checking if HTTP is enabled: OK
* Checking if HTTP static support is enabled: OK
* Checking if manager is enabled: OK
* Checking if manager over HTTP is enabled: OK
 --- Everything looks good ---
 * GUI should be available at http://10.0.0.1:8088/asterisk/static/config/index.html

 * Note: If you have bindaddr=127.0.0.1 in /etc/asterisk/http.conf
   you will only be able to visit it from the local machine.

   Example: http://localhost:8088/asterisk/static/config/index.html

 * The login and password should be an entry from /etc/asterisk/manager.conf
   which has 'config' permission in read and write.  For example:

    [admin]
    secret = mysecret28066
    read = system,call,log,verbose,command,agent,config
    write = system,call,log,verbose,command,agent,config

 --- Good luck! ---

[root at router asterisk-gui]# ll /var/lib/asterisk/
total 20
-rw-r--r-- 1 asterisk asterisk 8192 2009-04-06 14:05 astdb
drwxr-xr-x 2 root     root     4096 2009-03-27 14:11 gui_backups
drwxr-xr-x 2 root     root     4096 2009-04-02 19:28 scripts
drwxr-xr-x 3 root     root     4096 2009-04-02 19:28 static-http
[root at router asterisk-gui]# ls /var/lib/asterisk/static-http/
config  index.html
[root at router asterisk-gui]# ls /var/lib/asterisk/static-http/config/
asterisklogs.html  digital.html        hardware_aa50.html   meetme.html              private              stylesheets                upload2.html
backup.html        directory.html      hardware_dahdi.html  menuprompts_record.html  queues.html          sysinfo.html               upload_abe_overlay.html
blank.html         emailsettings.html  hardware.html        menuprompts_upload.html  reboot.html          timeintervals.html         upload_form.html
bulkadd.html       features.html       home.html            menus.html               registerg729.html    timezone.html              users.html
callingrules.html  feditor.html        iax.html             misdn.html               reset_defaults.html  trunks_analog.html         vmgroups.html
cdr.html           flashupdate.html    images               mohfiles.html            ringgroups.html      trunks_digital.html        voicemail.html
cfgbasic.html      flipadvanced.html   incoming.html        networking.html          sip.html             trunks_providers.html      welcome.html
cli.html           followme.html       index.html           paging.html              skype.html           trunks_sps.html
date.html          gtalk.html          js                   password.html            smtp_settings.html   trunks_voip.html
dialplans.html     guialert.html       language.html        preferences.html         status.html          update_phonefirmware.html

Thank you.

________________________________
If you run make checkconfig, you should see something like:
make checkconfig
--- Checking Asterisk configuration to see if it will support the GUI ---
* Checking for http.conf: OK
* Checking for manager.conf: OK
* Checking if HTTP is enabled: OK
* Checking if HTTP static support is enabled: OK
* Checking if manager is enabled: OK
* Checking if manager over HTTP is enabled: OK
--- Everything looks good ---
* GUI should be available at http://PBX:8088/gui/static/config/index.html

For me, PBX is the name of my Asterisk server.  "gui" is a holdover from one of my early attempts that worked.  I added these lines to /etc/asterisk/http.conf:
prefix = gui
redirect = / /asterisk/static-http/config/index.html
uploads = /var/lib/asterisk/uploads/
backups = /var/lib/asterisk/gui_backups
moh = /var/lib/asterisk/moh

Make sure the directories exist.
I hope this helps

-
Bob Crandell
Assured Computing, Inc.
http://www.assuredcomp.com/
541-868-0331
ComputerBase
http://www.computerbaseusa.com/
541-349-0404

I am using asterisk-1.6.0.5-2.fc10.i386 on fedora, trying to install latest SVN copy of asterisk-gui. All I am getting is 404, page not found. Please help.

router*CLI> http show status
HTTP Server Status:
Prefix:
Server Enabled and Bound to 0.0.0.0:8088

Enabled URI's:
/httpstatus => Asterisk HTTP General Status
/phoneprov/... => Asterisk HTTP Phone Provisioning Tool
/manager => HTML Manager Event Interface
/rawman => Raw HTTP Manager Event Interface
/static/... => Asterisk HTTP Static Delivery
/mxml => XML Manager Event Interface

Enabled Redirects:
  None.

[root at router asterisk]# netstat -lpdtun | grep 8088
tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:8088                0.0.0.0:*                   LISTEN      14471/asterisk

http.conf

    [general]
    enabled=yes
    bindport=8088
    enablestatic=yes

manager.conf

    enabled = yes
    webenabled = yes
    port = 5038
    bindaddr = 0.0.0.0

    [admin]
    secret = XXXXX
    read = system,call,log,verbose,command,agent,user,config
    write = system,call,log,verbose,command,agent,user,config

Tried the following URL (all responses with 404) -

http://10.0.0.1:8088/asterisk/static/config/index.html
http://10.0.0.1:8088//static/config/index.html