[asterisk-gui] astrisk-gui 404 issue

Bob Crandell bob at assuredcomp.com
Thu Apr 2 10:53:38 CDT 2009

If you run make checkconfig, you should see something like:
 make checkconfig
 --- Checking Asterisk configuration to see if it will support the GUI
---
* Checking for http.conf: OK
* Checking for manager.conf: OK
* Checking if HTTP is enabled: OK
* Checking if HTTP static support is enabled: OK
* Checking if manager is enabled: OK
* Checking if manager over HTTP is enabled: OK
 --- Everything looks good ---
 * GUI should be available at
http://PBX:8088/gui/static/config/index.html

For me, PBX is the name of my Asterisk server.  "gui" is a holdover from
one of my early attempts that worked.  I added these lines
to /etc/asterisk/http.conf:
prefix = gui
redirect = / /asterisk/static-http/config/index.html
uploads = /var/lib/asterisk/uploads/
backups = /var/lib/asterisk/gui_backups
moh = /var/lib/asterisk/moh

Make sure the directories exist.