[asterisk-gui] macro-trunkdial-failover-0.3

Ron Byer Jr. ronb at netweave.com
Tue Sep 30 17:32:04 CDT 2008

Greetings ---

 I have an interesting anomaly that I'd like to ask about.

I'm been using r3842 for the past week or so, and really like the new
features.

Prior to updating, I was using a earlier 2.0 version (not sure which one, I
still have it on another machine, but it doesn't want to display the v#).

I had made a one line modification to macro-trunkdial-failover0.3, simply to
zap out the CALLERID(name) when sending to one of our  ITSPs, who doesn't
like them.  I have another CALLERID related change (another one liner) I was
implementing today when I stumbled across this issue.

I expected to have to make that change again when I did the version upgrade,
and I wasn't disappointed in that respect after the upgrade, but no big
deal.

What I've found since then, though is that the extensions.conf gets
"updated" every time I log into the gui. I'm not sure where the template for
the trunkdial-failover-0.3 is, but it is religiously overwritten every time
I enter.

I created a new version of the macro (0.4) and changed all references to
0.4. That survived the extensions.conf update the next time I went into the
gui, but all references to it are rewritten to 0.3 when that section is
updated (i.e. Outbound calling rules).

Lastly, I attempted to use the File Editor to update the context from within
the gui but unfortunately, the macro-trunkdial-failover-0.3 is the *last*
context on the screen, I cannot expand it to see the actual dialplan lines.

I"ve verified that the prior version of the 2.0 Gui doesn't rewrite the
macro on each gui login, because I am able to persist my minor addition
there.

Any suggestions ?  I'm willing to have to remake my very limited changes to
standard macros each time I do a version upgrade, but each time I load the
GUI will get tiresome after a while.

Thanks,

Ron Byer Jr.

NetWeave Integrated Solutions, Inc.