[asterisk-gui] Trunks/Service Providers

bkruse bkruse at digium.com
Tue Oct 14 15:24:32 CDT 2008

Hey Trevor!

Trevor Benson wrote:
>> I'm not very familiar with the features provided by the gui, so I'm
>> just
>> thinking in terms of the underlying config file architecture. But I
>> think
>> you are right in that you just do trunk, not service provider.
>>

> Yeah I know how to do it in the configs without any issues, we trunk a bunch
> of call center systems together, clients to our system, etc.  Its specific
> to the GUI that I am trying to correlate to the configs, that way I can
> connect 2 GUI systems, and a GUI to a non GUI without being confused.

Make sure to look in _users.conf_ not sip/iax.conf for the GUI
configuration per user.
It is pretty sip, you have iax or sip (hasiax or hassip=yes), then a
hostname, and then
a register statement (if it's a trunk, you have registersip, or
registeriax).

If the hostname is dynamic, do not set to register, then have someone
register to you!
(hints the dynamic part, just like sip/iax.conf)

Thanks,

-bk