[asterisk-gui] Context names in the new GUI

David Kerr David at Kerr.net
Mon Oct 6 14:58:34 CDT 2008

I opened bug 13497 for this issue several weeks ago. It is still sitting in
assigned state.  Any estimate on when it might get fixed?  Its a real
problem that the gui forces a certain inflexible naming convention for
context that is clearly broken when you have multiple VoIP providers.

Thanks
David

On Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 11:10 PM, David Kerr <David at kerr.net> wrote:

> Pari,
>   I changed the pbx.js file as you recommended.  This does not revert back
> to the "version 1" GUI behavior as I had hoped, rather it behaves as
> documented in the bug you cited.... "trunk_1" etc.  This breaks service
> providers that requre asterisk to match the incoming call with the context
> name.  In the case of the first bug report that needed to be the username.
> In the case of my service provider, it needs to be the trunkname
> ("vitel-inbound" for vitelity.net).
>
> Bottom line, you need to revert to GUI version 1 behavior (using the
> trunkname) or add a new field for the user to enter a context name.
> Generating one automatically isn't going to work with some service
> providers.
>
> David
>

> On Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 5:01 PM, David Kerr <David at kerr.net> wrote:
>
>> I have opened bug 0013497 at the Digium bug tracker web site to track this
>> problem.
>>
>> Thank you.
>>

>> On Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 9:09 AM, David Kerr <David at kerr.net> wrote:
>>
>>> For some reason I "replied" only to Pari and not the list. Ooops.

>>> for "Context name".... humm, but then again, how would that be any different