[asterisk-gui] Trunks/Service Providers

Trevor Benson tbenson at a-1networks.com
Thu Oct 9 13:24:44 CDT 2008

I know this sounds sort of mundane, but can someone give me a brief example
of how service providers and trunks in Asterisk GUI 2 are used? I setup
trunks between systems all the time, and using the trunks interface of the
GUI I always seem to run into some weird thing where I am not placing the
correct values in each side.

I am assuming that 2 systems will be trunked on IAX, and registering to
eachother.  Each one will have its own usename and password for the
registration phase.  Thus HostA would send 'HostA' as its user with a
password, and HostB would send 'HostB' as the user and password.

Am I missing something?  It just seems like the GUI wants a single username
and password for both sides, or am I just not grasping how its setting up
the 'service provider' or trunks?

Thanks,
Trevor

database 2806 (20080118) __________