[asterisk-gui] "Checking write permission for gui folder"

Noah Miller noahisaacmiller at gmail.com
Tue Dec 30 16:03:52 CST 2008

Hi -

>> In the mean time, does anybody more knowledgeable with the code have
>> any idea where I can start to debug this?  I've been putting
>> breakpoints around in the js and html, but haven't come across
>> anything useful yet.
>
> I'm not so expert about the Asterisk GUI, but did you try to enable
> DEBUG_MODE in the index.html file? It is set to false by default. You
> shoud turn it to true. It can trace many interesting messages in the
> browser window. I'm facing the same problem you have. Please help each
> other.

Well, the bug tracker is still down, so I guess I'll put some stuff here:

FYI: This is using Pari's "dahdi_support" version of the GUI, which
you can find here:
http://svn.digium.com/svn/asterisk-gui/team/pari/dahdi_support/

The calls to ASTGUI.systemCmdWithOutput() do not seem to work.  I
don't yet know why.

This is not a real solution, but you can make things (sort of) work by
editing /var/lib/asterisk/static-http/config/js/index.js and making
the following changes:

1. Around line 227, take this line:

   onLogInFunctions.run_detectdahdi();

and move it down outside the call to ASTGUI.systemCmdWithOutput()
that's just above.

2. Around line 418:
a. comment out this line:
   ASTGUI.systemCmdWithOutput(
sessionData.directories.script_detectdahdi , function(op){

b. Add this line just below:
   op = "dahdi";

c. comment out the end of the ASTGUI.systemCmdWithOutput(), which is
about line 434

You can configure most things, but I don't think the GUI part of Dahdi
really works like this, though.  At least, the "Configure Hardware"
tab is not there, and it's not seeing the FXO ports that are installed
on this test system.

I'll keep looking.

- Noah