[asterisk-gui] Inaccurate output of "Make checkconfig"

Klaus Ruebsam k.ruebsam at gmx.net
Mon Aug 25 04:24:44 CDT 2008

used version: GUI-version : SVN-branch-2.0-r3702

Is it something I did wrong during setup of my Linux-box or within any of
the conf-files?

1. there is an additional BLANK just in front of the port number
2. the slash right after the port number is missing

This applies and results to inaccurate URLs given forthe real IP as well as
forthe localhost.

Current output:

------------------------------------
--- Everything looks good ---
 * GUI should be available at http://myasterisk:
8088asterisk/static/config/cfgbasic.html

 * Note: If you have bindaddr=127.0.0.1 in /etc/asterisk/http.conf
   you will only be able to visit it from the local machine.

   Example: http://localhost: 8088asterisk/static/config/cfgbasic.html
------------------------------------

How to solve:

For the added blank

Within /etc/asterisk/http.conf
the line
	bindport = 8088
Has to be changed to
	bindport =8088
Or the logic in line 89 of the Makefile should be enhanced (which I would
prefer). This problem may only be seen if BINDPORT is given within
/etc/asterisk/http.conf, else the Makefile displays the default value 8088
and everything is fine.

For the missing slash:
line 96 of the Makefile should be changed from
  HTTPPREFIX:=asterisk
  HTTPPREFIX:=/asterisk

Best regards,

Klaus