[asterisk-gui] Feature Request For AsteriskNOW

Brandon Kruse bkruse at digium.com
Wed May 2 08:34:42 MST 2007

Hey Randy.

First of, just to clear things up, I think thats a really cool idea.

Knowing a little bit about the internals of asterisk, I would really be
interested to see what this "redundancy" consists of, if it really works,
and what exactly it covers.

Talking just in my own experience, not on behalf of Digium, I think
that would be really cool to have that packaged and an option download
once you get installed, or a "trove" availible to AsteriskNOW users.

Just for kicks, there is nothing stopping you from building the trove in
rbuilder and submitting it to Digium's rPath dev team for them to look at
and possibly submit. Even if you get it in a repo, people could easily download
it by adding your rPath repo to /etc/conaryrc and doing a conary update packagename.

Hope all this information helps, I am going to take a peak at it real quick.

Thanks for all the suggestions and being active in the community!

-bkruse