[asterisk-gui] Feature Request For AsteriskNOW

QUICK, RANDY RQUICK at THCS.ORG
Wed May 2 07:00:12 MST 2007

At one point you guys asked for suggestions on features for your software.  I think a HUGE plus would be to add support for redundancy.

I have been keeping track of a GPL project at CarrierClass.net.  The creators name is Stephane Alnet and he is working on a fully functional asterisk install that is fully redundant, can be installed from an ISO, and it's FREE!

I would love to see the sharp design of AsteriskNOW taking advantage of the advanced features and functionality of a solution like CarrierClass.  I am new to open source, but because CarrierClass is GPL it can be modified as long as the code is open to the creator.  Correct?

I don't know if Staphane would be open to the idea, but would Digium?  Is it worth contacting CarrierClass?

What do you guys think?