[asterisk-gui] Docs

Brian Alexander balexander at visionpointsystems.com
Wed Jun 13 12:33:56 MST 2007

I don't recommend using this in production... actually I don't recommend
using it at all... but I have been able to successfully use a T1 PRI as a
service provider in the GUI. This is 100% a hack and I am not going to claim
it will work for you but it has been working for me.

   1. Configure your zaptel.conf and zapata.conf manually
   2. Using the Asterisk GUI configure a Custom-VOIP service provider. It
   should use SIP protocol, not register and use a bogus hostname.
   3. The GUI will create a trunk_1 variable in the extensions.conf and
   set it to SIP/trunk_1. Change the trunk_1 variable to point to your digital
   span. For example "trunk_1=Zip/g0"
   4. The GUI will also create a DID_trunk_1 context in extensions.conf.
   You should use this as the context for your digital span in
   zapata.conf

LOL Like I said - its a hack. I just thought I would mention it in case it
can be helpful to someone else.

-Brian