[asterisk-gui] outside sip phones issues

Eric Swanson Eric.Swanson at inetstpeters.net
Fri Feb 16 08:10:55 MST 2007

Hello,

I have some sip phones are outside the firewall.  I have manually edited the user.conf file so that nat will be in use, but if I dial these phones, the outside phones can hear the phone ringing and when they pick it up and talk, I can not hear them.  From a phone inside the firewall, if I call them, I do not hear a ringing sound.  If they (an outside sip phone) call back, we can hear them.

This was working with asterisk 1.2.?.  What have I done to screw up this configuration?  It also appears that the nat flag is not being displayed properly in the sip show peers.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks

Eric