[asterisk-gui] Opinion, what do you want in the gui for users?

santosam at alexandre-santos.com santosam at alexandre-santos.com
Fri Apr 13 18:16:03 MST 2007

Firtly I would like to say that I'm very happy with the number of emails
this list is getting :-) We're going on the right track.

Before Asterisk I had a Siemens HiPath PBX. It had two BRI and 8
extensions (4+4). The configuration was done with a digital phone (a
Siemens specific for that PBX series) or using a software, only available
to the Siemens partners. All configuration was done by professionals and
the users couldn't change anything.
Before this experience I worked in big company that had several Nortel
Meridian PBX with thousands extensions. Here the configuration was done by
an outsourcer.
This two paragraphs above make me ask all a simple question: is this GUI
intended for the end user that has a softphone that sometimes needs to
change his VM password or is it a GUI for admins, just like that Siemens
software?