[asterisk-gui] Opinion, what do you want in the gui for users?

Andrew Latham lathama at lathama.com
Fri Apr 13 08:05:16 MST 2007

Steven

Would a provisioning middle-ware be the better option. A system described below.

Stations = MAC address
Extensions = Stations

1. Station starts up and asks for DHCP
2. DHCP gives TFTP or CONFIG server per MAC (lots of work here)
3. TFTP or HTTP configs to the phones with correct settings (magic)
3.1 TFTP or HTTP system ask the manager interface for info for extension
3.2 TFTP or HTTP configs created and sent to Stations
4. Station registers

Andrew