[asterisk-embedded] Can those g723, g729 codec work well on arm board??

Stelios Koroneos skoroneos at digital-opsis.com
Tue Apr 5 07:45:52 CDT 2011

Probably the G729 library you are using is implemented using floating
points and you cpu lacks hardware floating point support.
Last time i tried (almost 2 years ago) on an PowerPC based board @400
Mhz with soft floats it could barely handle a single channel.
With the hardware FP the unit could handle a single channel and had some
"spare" capacity
And when switched to use a fix point g729 library i could get 4-5
channels from the same board and leave room for asterisk etc.

Stelios