[asterisk-embedded] Can those g723, g729 codec work well on arm board??

박대유 daeugogo at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 5 04:07:17 CDT 2011

Hi.. I'm new here.. English is not my native language, so I'm afraid if I would not be able to explain what I want to know.. but I will try!!!

Currently I'm trying to cross-compile asterisk g723,g729 codec to
my arm-board which has 300MHz CPU, and Linux2.6.31 OS..

Before I try to cross-compile those codecs, I compiled those codecs on
 my host system first. All I have found out was that it took too long time to decode encoded data, like from several seconds to several minutes.. of course it depended on data size..

I want my board to receive encoded data packet which come from ip-phone
and I also want my board to decode those packets simultaneously..
But after I tested decoding on my host computer, I'm not sure if my board would decode packets in real time.. when it decodes G711 encoded packets it works well.. but G723,729 decode code is not simple.. and they even need dynamic library..
Before I try to cross-compile I need to know whether this is possible or not.. or Is there any other simple decode code?

Any comment would be very helpful for me..

Thanks for read this.

Best regards.

asterisk-embedded at lists.digium.com