[asterisk-embedded] AA50 & codec_g729a.so?

Dayton Turner dayton at voxter.ca
Tue Feb 5 19:53:19 CST 2008

Has anyone compiled codec_g729a.so for the AA50 yet? Im trying to do
some load testing on mine running even in passhrough mode, but when
using originate/call files, it wants to transcode to slin for the
first leg of the call, which fails.  I know g729 is a bit of a
challenge with no MMU/FPU, but from what I've read it should be
possible. It would also be nice to see this for small tasks like
Voicemail -> Email WAV transcoding.

Alternatively, if anyone has any suggestions on how I might test
calling capacity of the AA50 in g729 passthrough mode without having
to have a phone place each call, ie generating the calls from the AA50
in g729 to an external asterisk box which also speaks g729 and just
plays audio back, I'm all ears...

Dayton