[asterisk-embedded] Address to Flash uClinux to on AADK

Wojciech Tryc wojtek at VoIPMan.ORG
Thu Nov 1 13:20:56 CDT 2007

Brian,
The $(filesize) is a valid variable within u-boot, so you just leave it as $(filesize).
The address seems correct, but to make sure please run printenv from the u-boot prompt to see where your image reside.

Regards,
Wojtek
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Brian Alexander
  To: asterisk-embedded at lists.digium.com
  Sent: Thursday, November 01, 2007 1:54 PM
  Subject: [asterisk-embedded] Address to Flash uClinux to on AADK

  I have an AADK developer unit (S888i RevA) that I want to upgrade to a more recent version of the asterisk AADK software. I can upload a gzip compressed image to uboot and boot it using

  tftp 1000000 uImage
  bootm 1000000

  I am not certain about how and where to flash to save it so that the software will be available between restarts. The documentation I have says to use:

  cp.b 1000000 200400000 $(filesize)

  Is the 200400000 address correct? Also, I am guessing that the $(filesize) should be replaced with the size, in bytes, of the image. (or is $filesize set by tftp when the image is uploaded?)

  Thanks,
  -Brian