[asterisk-doc] New portal for Asterisk: The Future of Telephony (online HTML)

Leif Madsen leif.madsen at asteriskdocs.org
Thu Mar 19 07:41:55 CDT 2009

Gavin Henry wrote:
> 2009/3/19 Leif Madsen <leif.madsen at asteriskdocs.org>:
>> If you have ideas of things you think are lacking in the second edition, or have
>> ideas of things that absolutely must be in the third edition, don't hesitate to
>> reply here, or contact me directly at "leif.madsen -at- asteriskdocs -dot- org".
>
> Do you think there could be an Advanced Asterisk book? Or how is the Asterisk
> Cookbook coming along?
>
> The first book leaves you very hungry for more, but then nothing fills
> in that gap.

Can you elaborate on what would be involved in an Advanced Asterisk book? What
kinds of things would you expect in such a book.

At this point, none of the authors of A:TFoT have enough time to start on a new
book, so that's why we're going to focus on updating A:TFoT to a 3rd edition.
Perhaps we can add some of the more 'advanced' things you're thinking of.

Asterisk is a vast and powerful system, but vague answers won't help us write
the book you're expecting.

Thanks!
Leif Madsen.