[asterisk-doc] PHP.net-style Asterisk Documentation

Mario François Jauvin mario at mfjassociates.net
Tue Apr 21 08:43:39 CDT 2009

What is TFOT

Mario François Jauvin,
MFJ Associates

________________________________

From: asterisk-doc-bounces at lists.digium.com on behalf of James Hunt
Sent: Tue 21/04/2009 00:39
To: asterisk-doc at lists.digium.com
Subject: [asterisk-doc] PHP.net-style Asterisk Documentation

I was reading through the Feb 2009 archives for this list and found an exchange about setting up an "authoritative" documentation site for Asterisk.  I think this would be a great complement to TFOT - especially once you get past the basics and want to really expand out a dialplan or a multi-server Asterisk PBX.

At work, we recently built a VOIP ACD using Asterisk, with a lot of dialplan logic that I would consider "advanced" - queueing, callback agents, agents on hard and soft phones, BLF lights and more.  In the process of building this switch, we relied heavily on TFOT, Switching to VOIP and voip-info.org <http://voip-info.org/> .  That being said, it was still difficult to pin down decent documentation on how things can and should be done.  Most of the time we used voip-info as a starting point and hacked around with a test system until we got something to work.

I agree that the voip-info wiki hasn't worked, and I'd be willing to help build a PHP.net-style documentation base with user-supplied comments.  Is there still an interest in this?

I am also attempting to pick up the "clean up doxygen" janitoial project on Asterisk HEAD.  If there is still an interest to build this system and pull the documentation straight out of the source code, I would be willing to help out with whatever coding needs to be done.

Thoughts?

--
James