[asterisk-doc] PHP.net-style Asterisk Documentation

James Hunt filefrog at gmail.com
Mon Apr 20 23:39:50 CDT 2009

I was reading through the Feb 2009 archives for this list and found an
exchange about setting up an "authoritative" documentation site for
Asterisk.  I think this would be a great complement to TFOT - especially
once you get past the basics and want to really expand out a dialplan or a
multi-server Asterisk PBX.

At work, we recently built a VOIP ACD using Asterisk, with a lot of dialplan
logic that I would consider "advanced" - queueing, callback agents, agents
on hard and soft phones, BLF lights and more.  In the process of building
this switch, we relied heavily on TFOT, Switching to VOIP and voip-info.org.
That being said, it was still difficult to pin down decent documentation on
how things can and should be done.  Most of the time we used voip-info as a
starting point and hacked around with a test system until we got something
to work.

I agree that the voip-info wiki hasn't worked, and I'd be willing to help
build a PHP.net-style documentation base with user-supplied comments.  Is
there still an interest in this?

I am also attempting to pick up the "clean up doxygen" janitoial project on
Asterisk HEAD.  If there is still an interest to build this system and pull
the documentation straight out of the source code, I would be willing to
help out with whatever coding needs to be done.

Thoughts?

--
James