[asterisk-doc] SetCallerID, SetCIDName, SetCIDNum -- Deprecated?

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Thu May 25 12:53:08 MST 2006

Peter Beckman wrote:

>     1. SetCallerID("John Smith" <212-555-1212>)
>         - What are valid values between the angle brackets?  I've seen:
>             (212) 555-1212
>             212-555-1212
>             2125551212
>           Is 212.555.1212 valid? etc...

Yes. Phone numbers are stripped of all punctuation and whitespace before
being stored as CLID.

>         - What is the valid character set for "CallerID Name"?

Right now that is the printable character set portion of ASCII. There
are discussions about expanding it, but since it is currently based on
what the US PSTN will accept, that's the status for now.

>     2. Is there a Set() replacement for SetCallerID()?  OR is SetCallerID()
>        deprecated and what is its replacement?

No.

>     3. For Set(CALLERID(name)=John Smith|a) do I need quotes around John
>        Smith?  and would it be ="John Smith"|a or ="John Smith|a" ?

The |a is an option to the function, not part of the CNAM. No quotes are
needed, since the Asterisk dialplan expression parser does not really
understand quoted strings anyway.