[asterisk-doc] SetCallerID, SetCIDName, SetCIDNum -- Deprecated?

Peter Beckman beckman at purplecow.com
Thu May 25 12:24:21 MST 2006

I'm aware that SetCIDName/Num() were deprecated as of v1.2.x in favor of
Set(CALLERID(name)=John Smith|a).

Three questions:

     1. SetCallerID("John Smith" <212-555-1212>)
         - What are valid values between the angle brackets?  I've seen:
             (212) 555-1212
             212-555-1212
             2125551212
           Is 212.555.1212 valid? etc...
         - What is the valid character set for "CallerID Name"?

     2. Is there a Set() replacement for SetCallerID()?  OR is SetCallerID()
        deprecated and what is its replacement?

     3. For Set(CALLERID(name)=John Smith|a) do I need quotes around John
        Smith?  and would it be ="John Smith"|a or ="John Smith|a" ?

Beckman