[asterisk-doc] About the License

Alejandro Ríos P. alejandro.rios at avatar.com.co
Tue May 2 13:27:41 MST 2006

Hello.

I just read there's a discussion on Debian regarding the web site
license, which is the OPL (same as the svn sources on ast-docs), and
many people think this license is incompatible with GPL.

Since asterisk is distributed under the GPL, I think we should take
great care on the license we use for asterisk documentation, so we don't
have any trouble later, and as we clean the PHP specific stuff, we also
have to review the licensing terms.

Here are the details of the discussion:
--
Relicensing the Debian Web Pages. Javier Fernández-Sanguino Peña
[7]pointed out that there is still an open [8]bug in the [9]bug

 7. http://lists.debian.org/debian-www/2006/04/msg00126.html
 8. http://bugs.debian.org/238245
 9. http://www.debian.org/Bugs/
 10. http://www.debian.org/social_contract#guidelines