[asterisk-doc] I am new to asterisk..Please help me..

Jim Van Meggelen jim at vanmeggelen.ca
Wed Jul 12 10:41:27 MST 2006

An interesting observation. Another factor was that the chapters were
written by different authors, and yes, at different times.

> > We are working on more with O'Reilly, and there is other
> stuff in the
> > works as well. One of the challenges of writing for
> Asterisk is that
> > it changes so fast it is hard to keep up with it. It was
> tough enough
> > writing our book to handle Asterisk 1.2, since many of the
> features of
> > 1.2 did not exist when we started writing.
>
> I appreciate the difficulty of writing such a book; however,
> I think it lacked a final review by an editor with an eye for
> unifying the material.  That's the most substantive criticism
> that I have of the book.  However, whatever its flaws, it is
> still superior to have a book that I can feel comfortable
> pointing others towards than not having one.

We noted many of the same things ourselves. There will be a second edition,
however that is still a ways off, as we are deep into the cookbook at this
time.

Thanks for the feedback.

Jim