[asterisk-doc] Web-based Documentation -- Need Help

Jim Van Meggelen jim at vanmeggelen.ca
Wed Jul 12 10:02:17 MST 2006

The thing to avoid is to write what has already been covered elsewhere. What
goes in asteriskdocs should be what is missing from A:TFoT.

We are working on a cookbook for O'Reilly, which will not hit the shelves
for a while; so rest assured there is writing going on, just not here. I do
not have enough bandwidth to write more than I already am, but I would be
delighted to provide some editorial assistance. People probably don't
realize how an editor can fix up a lot of the stuff that makes people think
they can't write. If someone takes the time to write something, even if it
has poor grammar and spelling mistakes and would upset your English teacher,
it is no big deal. That can easily be fixed during the editing process.

One person I think we should try to rope in is Ira. He say he can't write
but from what I have seen I beg to differ ;-). Also, he has some good ideas
about what was missing from A:TFoT, which is exactly what we want to move
towards.

A section of all the asterisk functions, and neat stuff that can be done
with variables would be useful.

Jim

--
Jim Van Meggelen
jim at vanmeggelen.ca
http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/au/2177

"A child is the ultimate startup, and I have three.
This makes me rich."
                    Guy Kawasaki