[asterisk-doc] I am new to asterisk..Please help me..

ganesan J ganeshj304 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 11 22:00:42 MST 2006

Hi andrew,

Thanks to your fast reply.

I have asked that i am going to use asterisk in our LAN.The computers are
phicically connected with each other.Then why i need to buy a digium
hardware.I dont want to make calls with PSTN.
I will give a list of prerequests for my requirement.Please tell me is this
enough to communicate with my peers in our office.

1.A dedicated Asterisk server.
2.Xlite softphone.
3.128 kbps broadband connection

Please ignore if anything worng on my assumtion

Thanks,

On 7/12/06, Andrew D Kirch <trelane at trelane.net> wrote:

> ganesan J wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Thanks to all of ur replys.
> > I want to use asterix as a extension to my peers.becoz we all are
> > having full duplex soundcard in all our machine.But we dont have
> > extension inour office.So i want to use asterisk for our internel
> > communication.
> >
> Though I might suggest a dictionary (proper english is considered a must)
> You will need a softphone (software based telephone that installs on
> your computers),
> as well as a dedicated system on which to run asterisk.  Depending on
> what kind of
> land line or internet telephony connectivity you may use your need for
> Digium hardware
> will vary.  If you plan to confrence more than 12 users at a time I
> definitely recommend a
> hardware timing reference such as a Digium TDM400p, as depending on your
> hardware you
> will see drift in ztdummy past that point, especially with transcoding.
> (your mileage will vary,
> as does anyone else's based on hardware and load)
>
> > can anybody help me to configure asterisk for our internal
> > communication...?
> There are many paid consultants who can do this.
> > Is that the degium hardware need for this purpose...?
> >
> see above.
> > Expecting a quick reply..
> is this fast enough?
> >
> > Thanks