[asterisk-doc] I am new to asterisk..Please help me..

Andrew D Kirch trelane at trelane.net
Tue Jul 11 21:47:42 MST 2006

ganesan J wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Thanks to all of ur replys.
> I want to use asterix as a extension to my peers.becoz we all are
> having full duplex soundcard in all our machine.But we dont have
> extension inour office.So i want to use asterisk for our internel
> communication.

Though I might suggest a dictionary (proper english is considered a must)
You will need a softphone (software based telephone that installs on
your computers),
as well as a dedicated system on which to run asterisk.  Depending on
what kind of
land line or internet telephony connectivity you may use your need for
Digium hardware
will vary.  If you plan to confrence more than 12 users at a time I
definitely recommend a
hardware timing reference such as a Digium TDM400p, as depending on your
hardware you
will see drift in ztdummy past that point, especially with transcoding.
(your mileage will vary,
as does anyone else's based on hardware and load)

> can anybody help me to configure asterisk for our internal
> communication...?
There are many paid consultants who can do this.
> Is that the degium hardware need for this purpose...?

see above.
> Expecting a quick reply..
is this fast enough?

> Thanks