[asterisk-doc] I am new to asterisk..Please help me..

asterisk asterisk at stn.pl
Tue Jul 11 11:21:38 MST 2006

On Tuesday 11 of July 2006 19:15, Randy Resnick wrote:
> Peter Bowyer wrote:
> > Eh? Your answer was entirely correct and the right thing to do. The
> > purpose of my posting was to back you up...
>
> I know, I read the posts in the wrong sequence. I need a document on
> using Thunderbird :)

Use kmail. I have got perfect thread of this discussion :) .

> As you see, I even completed my answer and I'll keep that as a template
> for peope who ask "I just downloaded, what do I do?", it's a common
> enough question.

> I read his msg so fast I answered too quickly. There
> are many startup guides around and it is indeed better to read one
> before braving the -users to ask questions.

Asterisk The Future Of Telephony is perfect step by step novice users guide:
http://www.asteriskdocs.org/modules/tinycontent/index.php?id=11

Other interesting documents:
http://www.asteriskdocs.org/modules/tinycontent/index.php?id=8

> This said, if you don't mind I'll leave my shirt off as it's very hot
> here at the moment.

OK. There is very hot discussion here. It means (I hope) subject is very hot.
I don't agree with Jim:

Peter Beckman wrote:
> > > What I am seeing is that you guys are (mostly) still alive! :) This is
> > > about the quietest list in the civilized world.
> >
> >   Wow, this is the first thread on this list in a long time.

we are quiet because we are very busy and hard working (around VoIP, Asterisk,
Internet, e.t.c), and maybe talking not enough.
But I think this discussion means we think documentation is VERY important
part of Asterisk.
There is some old rules about this:

1. Make documentation in parallel with coding.
2. Make docs even before coding.

This is because you have to know where are you going and documentation is your
roadmap.

--
cheers,

Radek