[Asterisk-doc] Is the project dead?

Jim Van Meggelen jim at vanmeggelen.ca
Fri Apr 21 08:41:08 MST 2006

One thing I would caution against is making this turn into too much of a
Wiki. Not because wikis are bad--to the contrary, we already have an
excellent wiki, and do not want to compete with it. What we had originally
envisioned was a volume of books on various topics, from installation to
low-level debugging. Which books got written would be determined by what
talent we could attract, and we would offer editorial assistance as part of
the project (one of the challenges of the wiki is that it is so chock-full
of knowledge it's hard to know what is relevant or current). For the docs
project, we thought it would be good to be more focused--to complement the
wiki.

Jim

--
Jim Van Meggelen
jim at vanmeggelen.ca
http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/au/2177

"A child is the ultimate startup, and I have three.
This makes me rich."
                    Guy Kawasaki