[Asterisk-doc] Is the project dead?

Leif Madsen asterisk.leif.madsen at gmail.com
Fri Apr 21 05:32:47 MST 2006

On 4/21/06, Steve Kennedy <steve-asterisk at gbnet.net> wrote:
> > On thing that is certain is that the docs project could use some fresh
> > ideas, so we would encourage anyone who has a desire to contribute to get
> > involved.
>
> If I can help in some way, let me know.
>
> Unfortunately without decent documentation Asterisk will always be a
> "techie toy", and I don't mean any disrespect when saying that to all the
> hard works that's been done.

I'm looking forward to seeing the PHP-style documentation project that
is being started by Peter Beckman -- I think once a framework is up
and running, we focus our time and efforts on that because then you
can just pick a section and work on it without being really dedicated
to writing a whole chapter like in our previous efforts with the
Volumes.

I believe it'll make the whole documentation process a lot more sane
and manageable -- but only time will tell I suppose.

Leif Madsen.