[Asterisk-doc] (interesting announcement) New Document Management System (DMS) at ADP

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Sat Oct 29 04:11:19 CDT 2005

Leif Madsen wrote:
> * Work with documentation in ASCII format. This allows people to use
> any editor, however simple, that they wish. This will also make it
> easier to convert to DocBook format after the document has been
> written.
ASCI?? A-Z only? I believe DocBook can handle more, since it's XML and
XML by nature is unicode. Guess this was a mistake, but what character
set are we supposed to use? As we move Asterisk to a more international
way of handling characters, we need support for ÅÄÖ and even more
interesting characters :-)

/O