[Asterisk-doc] Is this being done?

Leif Madsen - Certified Asterisk Consultant asterisk.leif.madsen at gmail.com
Sat Feb 26 12:37:14 CST 2005

On Sat, 26 Feb 2005 19:18:45 +0100, Randy Resnick <randulo at ssl-mail.com> wrote:
> My original tactic, about one year ago, was to print and read the
> original doc you guys wrote cover to cover, skipping anything I didn't
> care about (like say ISDN or h323). I did that a few times and had a
> good idea of what could be done, but no experience. Kinda like a sex
> education class, but no experience. This knowledge allowed me to ask
> slightly less idiotic questions on IRC (and we if follow the sexual
> analogy, who are those answering?) which was important.
>
> I think I'm a decent reviewer, so I keep coming back to see if there's
> anything new.

Awesome, we appreciate review and critique!

> So to a new point: how about an RSS for asteriskdocs.org. Although I see
> a lot of yawn material done in RSS, this is one case where it'd make
> sense. It's very easy to do RSS 2.0, the hard part is someone entering
> the link when something changes :)
>
> This list, as nice as it is, doesn't relace an RSS feed if thgat were
> only to announce when a new doc section were available to inquiring minds.

!!!

Wow, I've been asking for this for about 2 weeks now :)  The AstDocs
site recently implemented an RSS feed for SineApps (in my attempt to
start centralizing Asterisk documentation and news) and I had an idea
which I was hoping someone would be willing to tackle.

First, to answer your asteriskdocs.org RSS feed question, one exists.
Its a bit hidden, but you can have an AstDocs RSS feed from:
http://www.asteriskdocs.org/backend.php
I will try and make a point of announcing when new documentation is
released. No guarentees I will catch everything though. If someone
wants to monitor AstDocs for changes and the CVS list for
documentation (filter usually for README.*) and post to the main
AstDocs webpage, please email me off-list and we can discuss.

Now, back to my RSS idea.

What I would like to have is an RSS feed on the AstDocs site (its easy
to add multiple RSS feeds to Xoops, so that isn't a problem), for
bugtracker related posts. I would like two separate (getting better at
spelling that right :)) threads from the bugtracker; newly added bugs
and bugs with recent activity.

I already know a few people who are looking for this, but
unfortunately I don't really have the time right now to program
something like this. Its probably not TOO hard, but its just the time
I don't have right now to learn it.

Any takers?

--
Leif Madsen