[Asterisk-doc] docs/volume-one vm1chp2-systemprep.xml,1.9,1.10

David Wilson dw at botanicus.net
Wed Oct 20 05:45:01 CDT 2004

Darryl Ross wrote:

> Leif Madsen wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 10:33:52 +0930, Darryl Ross <darryl at oeg.com.au>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Could I suggest making that para state that yum is for Fedora Core
>>> machines? (Is yum in RH9??).
>>

>> Actually, Volume One assumes you are installing Fedora Core 1 or 2, so
>> that should be fine.
>

> Ahh, no problems. I still think it would be worth having a 'sidebar'
> which mentions the alternatives.

You could save yourself a whole world of pain in that case by simply
saying "installing zlib is beyond the scope of this document", which
would even port to FreeBSD. :)

Hello, I'm Dave! I subscribed last night, and volunteered to help write
documentation for the Manager API a few weeks back on #asterisk-doc. I
am _dw there.